Express Entry is a system used to process the following permanent residency programs:
– Federal Skilled Worker (FSW),
– Federal Skilled Trades (FST),
– Canadian Experience Class (CEC), and
– Express Entry streams of Provincial Nominee Programs.
However, its not a program in itself. It's
a system that lets eligible candidates submit an online profile to the Express Entry Pool. The highest-ranked candidates are sent and invitation for permanent residence. The ones who receive an ITA must submit a complete application within 90 days. Most application are processed within six months.
FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER
The minimum selection criteria for FSW include
– one-year full-time (or full-time equivalent) continuous work experience in a NOC 0, A, or B occupation within the last ten years;
– CLB 7;
– high-school education;
– 67 points out of 100 of the FSW point grid; and
– adequate settlement funds unless having a job offer and authorized to work in Canada.
CANADIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS
The minimum selection criteria for CEC includes
– one-year full-time (or full-time equivalent) Canadian work experience in NOC 0, A, or B occupations within the last three years;
– CLB 7 for NOC 0 and A, CLB 5 for NOC B.