top of page


Courtroom Chairs

If a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a registered Indian sponsors their relative for permanent residence, and IRCC refuses to issue the sponsored foreign national a permanent resident visa, the sponsor may appeal the refusal to the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD).

The IAD will decide whether the refusal should be set aside or upheld.

If the refusal is set aside, the matter will be returned to IRCC for reconsideration.

bottom of page